Monday, July 19, 2010

New Baby


Day 12

Ava has been a little energizer bunny. For some reason she decided she doesn't need to sleep anymore. Morgan and I are loosing our minds a little bit. I think it's the combination of being stuck at the hospital, attached to machines, etc. But, they are talking about letting Ava go home tomorrow! They are pretty sure she won't need BiPAP for home. They say it's not uncommon to need a little help with BiPAP after the VEPTR because there can be some areas of collapse in the lungs, causing the lungs to not efficiently expel the carbon dioxide. Her levels have gone back to normal which is so great. I can't tell you how cute Ava has been in the last few days, but she is like a new baby in some ways. For one thing, she is taller because her spine is more straight, but she is also more smiley and alive in general. She also doesn't seem to be struggling to breathe as much. When she cries and gets really upset, she doesn't turn dusky. I can't believe it. It's amazing.


4 comments:

Alyssa Whitney said...

This is a wonderful post and she looks so much older!!!

Unknown said...

This is great news and I can't wait to see her soon!

Kristy said...

That is so reassuring to hear! I am so glad Ava is doing well. I can't believe how much of a difference a straighter spine can make.

cookBlogger said...

Hi guys - Linda shared your blog link with me today. It was so nice to catch up and see pictures of little Ava. She is so sweet and there is so much love all around her.

You all are amazing and have done so well taking care of her :-)

-Daniel