Monday, July 12, 2010

Moving Forward

Day 5
We go through this stuff way too fast

Today was pretty much the same as yesterday, except that we were informed this morning that Ava had developed Hepatitis. It's always something new. However, it is not as bad as it sounds. Apparently, hepatitis simply means inflammation of the liver, it's the cause of the inflammation that makes it serious. In Ava's case, she was just reacting badly to some medication or rash (no one knows for sure), but she is not contagious and it should go away in the next few days with the help of a steroid and Vitamin K. She was up a little more today, and her personality continues to come out to the delight of all around. Today she waved at the nurse and started making cute little vocal sounds. She also was playing very roughly with her air tube. We were able to go out with Lindsay's parents to see Eclipse and to eat at Bobby's Burger Palace (The famous Bobby Flay of Food Network) and it was awesome! Being a burger connoisseur myself I can honestly say it was the best burger I have ever had, and the milkshakes were very impressive.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I'm so glad to hear that Ava is doing better each day. I haven't had a chance to get to my email since her operation, but I've been praying sooo hard that everything went well. I'll keep it up. She's so beautiful, even with the all of the tubes and wires around her.