Sunday, July 18, 2010

Go to Sleep!

Day 11

Ava woke up at 5:30 this morning and  didn't go to sleep until 10:30 p.m. (17 hours) .We tried everything all day and she was just wired. They say it is withdrawal. She didn't have BiPAP all day as a test run to see how she would do without it. She did great. She was so cute all day, but had to be held the whole time, because she would throw a fit. They told us to keep her pretty calm for her test run, so crying it out wasn't really an option. That was challenging. We will see what the Docs say tomorrow. She may be going home pretty soon! Goodnight.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

I've had days where I have had to hold Keegan all day, but I cant imagine being in a little room doing it. Ava is ready to party! Glad to hear that she is doing well.

Kristy said...

It sounds like Ava is really doing well. I can't wait to see the before and after pictures. It stinks that she has to have that other surgery so soon after this major one. Did Ava ever get an echo? How did it turn out?

The Handleys! said...

Hi Kristy,

I'm glad you found our blog.We spoke to several doctors in the PICU but none of them thought we needed any further testing. I'm still going to ask Doctor Campbell. I hope you guys are all doing well and enjoying being back home.