Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cruising and crawling

Ava has been doing great. Since the beginning of January, she began walking around the room (while holding on to things) and a few weeks ago she even started crawling! We never thought she would crawl because of her back, but she decided one day that she wanted to give it a try and just took off. Everyday she makes her rounds; from the chair to the couch to the bookshelf to the desk to the fridge and down the wall to the bathroom where she always tries to get to the toilet, but that is where she is stopped by me, mean mom. These last 4 months without any surgeries has felt like we have been on vacation, but soon it must end. We fly out east for her first expansion surgery this next week. It seems it is about time for her VEPTR to be expanded because she hasn't been able to keep her food down as well lately. This is Morgan's final semester and we have a lot to think about. We are looking for jobs (especially ones with good benefits), trying to sell our house, we have Ava's surgery, Alyssa is getting married in April (very exciting), and it seems like there are a lot of other details that I won't bother to mention, but it is craziness!

She is really good at getting all the magnets off but not back on

Playing hide and seek

5 comments:

Hailey said...

Ava is adorable! I love the pigtails. I'm so glad she's doing so well. We will be praying for her as she has her next surgery soon. I can't wait to see you guys at Alyssa's wedding! I love you.

Hailey

Rachelle said...

That is so exciting that she is so mobile! She is absolutely adorable and I love her skirt. That is quite impressive she has enough hair for pig tails! She is so blonde like Brynley was, but we even at 2- Brynley didn't have enough hair for pig tails.
Well I hope you consider Tucson for a place to get a job! Though I am sure you are looking more back east. I would really love to see you guys sometime.
Exciting for Alyssa. Who is the lucky man?
Miss and love you guys!!

Unknown said...

So much big news!! Ava looks great and I'm sure she will fly through this surgery. I can't wait to see you guys next week. I'm off work fri, sat and sun so make sure to let me know when it's good to come see you guys!

Alyssa Whitney said...

Um, she is SO adorable. I hope everything goes well with the surgery!!!

The Long Family said...

She is incredible! Look at her go! It's so wonderful to see her looking so good! Thinking of you guys!