Thursday, November 18, 2010

Best of last month

This last month was difficult but there has been a lot of good too. We made it through the second VEPTR! I don't know if I mentioned this, but Ava was sick right before we were supposed to fly out to Philadelphia and the stress was running high. It was a great blessing that she got better just in time for her surgery. It went so much better than we could have imagined. She was a lot stronger than the first time and everything went smoothly and quickly. Our families have really shown their love for us by sacrificing their time and energy to help however they could. Morgan's professors were all very understanding and didn't demand much from him while we were gone. Things are slowly beginning to normalize. We are so happy about that.


Linda has been so great to come up to Logan to help with Ava on the weekends, so we have been able to get out a lot more than we used to. Thank you Linda! We are so grateful for giving us a much needed break. Morgan took me on a date to take pictures in the canyon. Pretty cool.

Our final follow up with Doctor Campbell after Ava's surgery. We will be back in February for expansions.   

We got to spend more time with my wonderful parents. They were amazing and stuck by us through Ava's surgery. The hospital is not the most comfortable place to hang out day in and day out, but they did it. During this very difficult year  with Ava they have done so much to make things more comfortable for us and we thank them with all our hearts! 

Ava has been a lot happier. She is healing well and only has a couple weeks left before she is considered completely healed. She has been coming alive more and more every day.




6 comments:

Rachelle said...

Such pretty pictures. Glad things went well and that she is looking so happy. When I read your post, I can hear your voice in my head and I like that.

Alyssa Whitney said...

These pictures are so cute!!! Especially the last two. I saved them to my computer. So glad things are beginning to normalize!

Lauren said...

Ava is so adorable! I LOVE her sweater in the last pic. What a cutie! Glad she's doing so much better. :)

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to see her doing so well and thriving. I hopr to see you guys in Feb. I wanted to call you but my phone lost all my contacts so call or text me your number so I have it again.

Natalie said...

I just read this - I haven't been reading blogs much lately. Love and miss you guys.

The Long Family said...

I am so happy for you guys! She is beautiful and what relief to see your sweet baby happy and healthy!!