Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Update


This morning I woke up to this view in our backyard. So beautiful. It makes me feel like we live in a fairy-tale land. I tried to show Ava but she got distracted by a stuffed animal on the windowsill. I think she couldn't see that far away. How many deer do you see?


Ava has been quite flexible lately. I think she is experimenting with what she can do while being stuck in one place all the time. Tomorrow will be the end of the official 6 week healing time since her surgery. Her muscles have been really weak and she hasn't shown an interest in crawling or standing against things. Her legs usually just collapse, but she has just started using the jumper again which might help her gain some strength back.


Tomorrow is the big day for her cleft palate repair. The surgery will be at 3:15 in the afternoon. We are excited for it,  but tired of putting Ava through yet another traumatic ordeal. This is her 6th surgery in her first year of life. Next week is her birthday and I hope she will be feeling much better. Ava you are amazing! We couldn't ask for a better baby.



3 comments:

The Long Family said...

She truly is amazing!! I hope everything went well today!! Our prayers are with your sweet family!

The Handleys! said...

Thank you guys for your support!

Alana said...

It is so cute to see her doing all that stretching. Norea just started doing the same thing. She has a ballet video that she watches and the girls stretch just like that too! I look forward to her cleft pallet surgery... bring on the solids!