Friday, August 20, 2010

Feeling Better

No smiles quite yet, but we got pretty close. Ava started reaching for her feet again, so I think things are looking up. She has to wear arm bands called no-no's. They prevent her from bending her arms to put her hands or any objects in her mouth. She doesn't seem to mind them too much now, but she is supposed to wear these for 3-4 weeks! Oh my. What is to become of us? One day Ava will be free. My mom hung out with me in the hospital room all day while Morgan went home for a much deserved rest. Things went well, but Johns Hopkins facilities are so cramped! We are stuck in a small space with 4 other babies who scream and cry at random and wake my poor baby up. I'm not crazy about this hospital right now, though the surgeon who operated on her is very respected and experienced so it makes it all worth it. Here are some pictures of her right after the surgery last night. You can see how much better she is doing now.

Totally exhausted and traumatized but so beautiful


 

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

she is so adorable. I can see a lot of both of you in her. Her hair is looking more like daddy's! Our blog is at clayandrachelle.wordpress.com. I hope that link works for you. Thanks for your email!

Alana said...

the "no no's" are actually really adorable but i have to imagine they make her cranky...what if her nose itches, she can't even tell you yet!!! she is a trooper.