Thursday, August 19, 2010

Cleft Palate Repair

This will be a short update since it is so late, but everything went well today. Ava's mouth is very sore right now and the bleeding hasn't stopped yet. She was coughing up a lot of blood earlier and it scared us a little, but she is stable now. Johns Hopkins only allows one parent in the PICU at night, so Morgan is there with her now. I am so grateful to him because the first night after surgery is the worst, and sometimes it is more than I can bear; especially being alone with nurses that aren't very attentive. We are so glad that things went smoothly, we love our little gal.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Glad to hear it went well. The summer surgeries are over, yay! I hope she recovers quickly and can get to enjoying life soon. I love the pics of her stretching in the previous post!

Kristy said...

Hi Lindsay. It stinks that the nurses are overwhelmed with their patients. Hopefully you won't be there long. I was reading your earlier post about her liking her jumper. Just wanted to let you know that your ortho and pediatrician told us no jumpers becuase it can hurt the back/hips. We did get an "entertainer" that looks the same by Baby Einstein, but it just doesn't bounce. Thanks for sharing the really cute pics of her being so flexible. I hope you guys get the clearance to live life a little more freely soon. I'm sure it is difficult staying at the house all the time, although you do have a beautiful back yard, with deer and all!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear everything went well, hopefully she will feeling better soon! I can't believe next week she will be a year! Let me know if you are doing anything for her birthday, i'm around all next weekend and would love to see you guys!!