Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Relief

Well, everything went very well today. I have to thank Heavenly Father and all those who prayed for Ava and kept her in your thoughts. Dr. Campbell is a great surgeon and CHOP is a great hospital, but I have to say I felt something today that compels me to give thanks to Heavenly Father for orchestrating all these things to work out and to all of the people who helped draw down the power of Heaven on Ava's behalf. There are always so many risks and difficulties involved with surgery and I don't understand how it all works, why sometimes things work out better than others, but I can't deny the feeling I had today that Ava has been blessed and so have we.


Here are some pictures from the day. Ava had her post surgery moments of being groggy and a little wincing from time to time, but it's pretty amazing, she hasn't seemed to experience much pain and everything has gone so smoothly I can hardly believe it. I would have to say this is the best it's ever gone post-op. Dr. Campbell said it all went smoothly also. If we are lucky, Ava might go home tomorrow. Most of these pictures were taken early in the day when she wasn't feeling as well, but tonight she was crawling around her crib and making her stuffed animals dance.






1 comment:

Alyssa Whitney said...

I'm so glad that everything is going well. Your post made me tear up a little bit. Heavenly Father does love our sweet Ava!